Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Frick report



     The Cup of Coffee is a college and drawing made by Pablo Picasso. Picasso cut out pieces of commercially product  of wallpaper and black collared drawing paper to represent  different parts of the foreground and background of this art piece.  In addition, P. Picasso drow some elements that make the final artwork look  real and tridimensional. In the final artwork, we can appreciate a representation of silly life.
     I really love  this particular artwork, it is very unique. Each time I see it, I can imagine my life as  every morning when I woke up and go to the kitchen and  drink a cup of coffee.  The originality of this  brings me the sensation that Picasso’s  imagination does not have limit and he  can made from one common life situation a really wonderful piece of art.
Citation:


Pablo Picasso (1881–1973)
The Cup of Coffee, spring 1913
Papier collé with charcoal and white chalk
23 13/16 x 13 3/4 inches
National Gallery of Art, Washington, D. C., collection of Mr. and
Mrs. Paul Mellon
© 2011 Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York

No comments:

Post a Comment